Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe guys help please. Flange bore sizes & linking spreadsheets

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
HO-AD
391 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe guys help please. Flange bore sizes & linking spreadsheets

Hi all. Not being satisfied with the content center flanges, which dont include bore size I've decides to take on the daunting task of creating my own parts to include the bore sizes. I have figured out how to drive my ipart from a spreadsheet which I simply copy from a manufactures specifications page but getting the bore size in is proving to be tricky and potentialy very time consuming. In order to get the bore size for every single flange would require extensive editing on the exising spreadsheet. I am wondering if I can link the bore parrameter to a seperate spreadsheet somehow.

Any advice on how to do this? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: HO-AD

Post the model ... I use flanges daily ... You should just be able to put in each value as a parameter ... for the ID you would me a 2nd circle inside with the ID' dims ... the OD with the OD, put the bolts on a BC provided What does the factory sheet look like that you're using?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
HO-AD
in reply to: mdavis22569

Here's the part

Message 4 of 7
mdavis22569

If you assign the values to the appropriate row and value I think you should be fine

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: mdavis22569

It is also possible to modify the existing Content Center library.  If you find that the values in the family table are not accurate, you can copy the family to a new family and edit the family table to your heart's content.  If that's the only value that is off, it might save a lot of time modeling your own.

Message 6 of 7
HO-AD
in reply to: cbenner

I think ive got it figured out. I am just making a super long table. For each size their is at least 4 possible bore sizes so its quite a bit of work for each class of flange and each type of flange. I was hoping to copy and paste the tables from manufactures specs and then do a custom param controled by a seperate spreadsheet for the bore. That way I could use the same bore spreadsheet for all flanges. I guess its not possible to use 2 seperate spreadsheets to control an ipart

Message 7 of 7
cbenner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report