Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipe diameter size not in part list

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Broadswaord
1441 Views, 3 Replies

pipe diameter size not in part list

I am having trouble with my part list in inventor professional 2013. I have a pipe run and need the part list to show pipe size but I do not see this a s a drop down item to select in the edit part list. I have created custom parts and I am using standard parts from inventor as well. My custom i parts are showing up on the list. This seems like I am missing something very simple here. I don't want to make custom parameters for pipe size for all the parts. what am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Broadswaord

Hello, and welcome.

When you say you want to show the size, are you talking about a column in your parts list that says (for example) 2"?  By itself?  I don't think this can be done without any custom properties and adding columns to your BOM and Parts list.  If the size is already set as a property in your Content Center, you can map that to a custom part level iproperty, and then set up both your BOM and parts list to display it.

Does this sound like what you are after?

Message 3 of 4
Broadswaord
in reply to: cbenner

yes I am trying to get the pipe size to show up on the parts list. if I have a 2" pipe that is 10' long I need the 2" pipe size to show up in a column. This seams basic and I would not need to map it. the "ND" nominal diameter is a standard parameter along with size designation.  but they do not show up. i guess i can go thru all the parts and map them.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Broadswaord

A lot of people show the nominal size of thier piping in either the stock number, part number or in the description fields.  I've not seen that many that show the size in a separate column on the parts list.  I'm not saying it's wrong to do it that way, but it may explain why Autodesk did not set up those parameters to be standard BOM columns.  The BOM and parts list are so customizeable that they simply couldn't include every possible combination... that's why they made it easy for us to set it up any way we want.

I have writting a post in my blog on how to map these Content Center properties to a part if you need a reference: http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/2014/01/populating-autodesk-inventor.html

I hope this helps!  Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report