Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical vs Virtual memory

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mpatchus
383 Views, 2 Replies

Physical vs Virtual memory

Can anyone explain why Inventor is using so much (or ANY for that matter) VIRTUAL memory when I have ample physical memory available.

Why doesn't it utilize all of the available physical memory before using virtual memory?

Memory.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BarryZA
in reply to: mpatchus

Maybe I'm punching above my weight here, but one time when I added more RAM and I went in here, it was still showing the old value.

RAM.png

Message 3 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: mpatchus

There is not anyone from the user standpoint that could answer this because it would involve an understanding of how the code operates, it would be more from the developers and QA side to post a reason for this. Being from the support end of it this has been common amoung releases. As the software gets more complex this has gone up over the releases. I will defer to the other teams to post a response.

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report