Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical (Mass) Autolimit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tjb1
191 Views, 1 Reply

Physical (Mass) Autolimit

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug but I thought I would bring some attention to it.  I have applied a Mass Autolimit to a part as well as a couple dimension limits.  When dimensions are updated and reflect numbers outside of the limits I have set, the graphics and limit itself update immediately.  If I change the weight of the model by adding/removing material with an extrusion for example, the mass limit updates immediately.  If I change the physical material from say Aluminum to Steel, the graphic for the limit does not update and the weight in the limit dialog box displays the previous weight.  Both do not update until I "Refresh" the autolimits.

I am running:

Inventor Professional 2014 64-bit Edition

Build: 246, Release: 2014 SP2 - Date: Fri 04/11/2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: tjb1

Hi! The behavior is not right. It does look like a bug to me. It seems that AutoLimits (Mass) does not react to change in material immediately when it should. Rebuild All after changing material does help force the values in AutoLimits (Mass) to be current.

I will forward this issue to development for further investigation.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report