Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inventor properties

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bodich
1000 Views, 4 Replies

Physical Inventor properties

In properties on physical tab Plumbum has density 0.940 g/cm3, but it should be 11.34 g/cm3. But in material editor it has right value. What should I do? Maybe it is config file somewhere?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: bodich

In English, I think the material you're referring to is "Lead".

As far as the density: it appears that you are using Inventor 2013; when I create a part in 2013 made of lead, the density in iProperties matches the Material properties.  Is it possible that the density has been manually edited in the file?

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

Attach the file here or create a cube 1cm x 1cm x 1cm and attach it here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
HenrikGraversen
in reply to: JDMather

Hi,

I have the same problem with Aluminum.

If i create a simple new part / cube 10 x 10 x 10 cm. it has the correct weight and density.

But if i derive an assembly in to the part as a surface model the density change.

Kind regards

Henrik Graversen

Message 5 of 5
bodich

Thank you for answers. After checking Lead in properties, I closed properties window. After reopening properties it is all right. And every time like this: Lead value is wrong, but after accepting and reopening Properties, value became correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums