Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photographic realism

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anthony
265 Views, 3 Replies

Photographic realism

Is there a very quick and simple way (i.e.. toggle a few buttons in the view ribbon) to achieve photo realistic representations of parts while still modeling them ?

What I am talking about it having set up the materials for the part and then upping the view display options is it possible to fully work on a part while seeing it in photo realism with it rendered to display it's material etc. ?

Thanks

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anthony

If you have Inventor 2012 or better the "ray tracing" visualization works excellent. We used to render in Studio to get professional results.. Raytracing now does that quicker than you can do it in Studio.

It takes a little while to get colors/lights setup how you like but once you do its pretty easy.. We just finished 500+ product images for a new website/datasheets at work and we whipped through them in under a week with just 2 people..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Anthony
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the info, can you tell me which options to lights, colors you would suggest using to achieve the best results with ray tracing ? 

I have looked at ray tracing a little but like you say I've been using Studio to render out product images.

Thanks

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anthony

No its all trial and error mostly..

Just start with a simple assembly and turn it on then adjust your materials a little, then mess with the lights a little if need be,etc..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report