Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom parts in an .idw

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Myles1
753 Views, 1 Reply

Phantom parts in an .idw

I have a situatuion where I have some parts in an assembly that have been set to BOM Structure Phantom, (I didn't use Reference due tho the display issues with Reference parts in the idw.  ie, portions not showing as hidden when they should)  I need all parts that are set as Phantom to display in a different color in the idw.  Any idea how I can assign the Phantom parts to a different layer?  These are existing parts of the install and need to be displayed differently.  Seems like Phantom would work best, if I could control the color of the display in the idw.  I cannot do this line by line, since there will be many parts all the time!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: Myles1

You should be using "reference".

The only issue with reference parts is how they display in isometric views..Is that the problem you are talking about?

If not simply setting "hidden line calculation" to All Bodies instead of reference data separately will fix your problem and allow you to use reference as you should be.

If you must use phantom the best thing would be to put all those parts into their own assembly ..then you can select the sub at one time and change it to a different layer. Otherwise you will be selecting parts 1 by 1 (no need to go line by line).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report