Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perspex not shown as transparent in drawing view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CHRISTH
635 Views, 4 Replies

Perspex not shown as transparent in drawing view

Hi all,

We are having a little trouble with a .dwg we need to create. (we create all are drawings that would be .idw as .dwg so users of light etc can view and mark up the files.)

The part has a Perspex (to represent glass) front with some framework behind the Perspex. We have created a base view of it in a drawing and can see through the Perspex when the view is in render mode, but if we switch to hidden line removed (as our drawing standards dictate) all the detail behind the Perspex disappears.

Is there a way to make the Perspex part transparent when the view is in Hidden Line Removed mode.

Thanks in advance,

IV12SP2 Win7 64 16gb

iv12(sp2) w7(6.1 SP1) 16gb ram NIVIDA
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: CHRISTH

I think the only thing you can do, is in your model or assembly create a view representation with the "clear" part's visibility off.  Then use that view in your drawing, so it appears to be transparent.  Or, you could use a shaded view in your drawing.  With typical drawing views, the transparent quality of on otherwise solid face does not show up as transparent.

Not sure how well this would work for what you are doing, could you post a screen shot of your model?  Maybe it would spark some other ideas on how to do what you need.

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner wrote:

With typical drawing views, the transparent quality of on otherwise solid face does not show up as transparent.

And it shouldn't according to "common drafting practices".. But I've always thought this would be a good function to have for this type of case exactly.. We do the same thing.. some clear "safety" shields that I want the "outline" to show in the drawing but don't want it to hide the details behind it.. I usually just turn off the visibility of it in one certain view and let it show in the others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
CHRISTH
in reply to: mcgyvr

"no, it cant (won't) do that" is not the answer i wanted. But it seems it is the only one.

Thanks for your help
iv12(sp2) w7(6.1 SP1) 16gb ram NIVIDA
Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: CHRISTH

There are a few tricks.. but no easy button..

You can RMB on the parts behind the perspex shield in the browser and select "hidden" then they will show through the part where you can then hide those lines you don't want to see..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums