Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance test inventor/vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
438 Views, 2 Replies

performance test inventor/vault

Hi,

we are running autodesk vault (basic) on a local (in the building) server. ICT wants to move this server to a other location (other city). I can imagine that this will not improve the performance. I want to measure the performance/speed while the server is still in the building and when it has been moved.

I tryed to write a tool in c# that would open a file, check it out and in ahther that it should calculte the time it took. But i didnt manage to finde a way to do this with the vault basic 

Is there a tool wich wich can do this or wich can do some other  performance/speed check between inventor and the vault?

(it might also be because i'm not a great programmer that i didnt manage. if some one has some source code for: Making a connection to the vault basic, openingen a hard coded file and checking it out and in. then i will manage to make the program my self ;-).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe have a look at ProcMon, and use it to monitor the system while doing some typical tasks.  If you can narrow down the processes to only those you are interested in it should give you an idea.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

ProcMon was to complicated for me. I end with the "task scheduler". i made 2 tasks. 1 for checking out a folder and a other to check it in again. (i use a folder from more or less 1300 files.) then i look at the log files because i can find there the start time and end time of the process. if i supstract those times i know what time it takes. its a very basic test but the best i could come up with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report