Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF files automatically opening after creation - can this be disabled?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
7294 Views, 3 Replies

PDF files automatically opening after creation - can this be disabled?

Is it possible to disable PDF files from being automatically opened by adobe reader after they have been created from inventor drawings?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi sambaxter23,

The option to have the PDF viewer automatically open the PDF when it is created is hidden, and is actually controlled with the Publish options used when creating a DWF. To disable the automatic view of PDFs, click the Inventor button (big I) and select Export > Export To DWF. Then uncheck the Display Published File In Viewer option. It appears the developers have just sort of recycled the export to PDF code and piggybacked it onto the Export to DWF.

So just to clarify, disabling the Display in Viewer option in the DWF export, controls the same thing in the PDF export.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you very much Curtis! This has solved the issue. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Curtis,

Could You please have a look at the behavior in inventor 2018:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/pdfaddin-option-quot-launch-viewer-quot-true-o...

Seems that the option for pdf export "Launch_Viewer" has been added, but it is not functioning via the API!!

I can read that the value is set to 1 or 0 but if the value is set to 1 the Viewer is not Launched!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report