Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patterns in Inventor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
timdown73
425 Views, 6 Replies

Patterns in Inventor

Why are the pattern commands still so lacking in Inventor?  There are a ton of idea posts in the Idea Station for better pattern commands in both part and assembly environments e.g. Irregular pattering, skip patterns, rotating patterns, helical patterns but for the most part we're still stuck with limited options.   I'm hesitant to post another idea on this matter, as there are already so many and I don't want to post a duplicate. But I also don't want to spend an hour (because there's so many) trying to make sure no ones already posted the idea.

-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: timdown73

I am probably one of the posters in the idea forum in regards to patterning.

You can always post comments under a specific idea that will get incorporated into the making of the idea.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
timdown73
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yeah, I spend a lot of time in the idea station as I find it most interesting. I just don't know why Autodesk hasn't added more functionality to patterns. The command is used so often, yet is so limited.
-Tim U.
Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

Yes, I agree, but that is why the idea statio is there.  Hopefully in one of these releases this command (along with others) with be to our satisfaction.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

Its all based on demand.. 

isn't "irregular pattern" an oxymoron? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
timdown73
in reply to: mcgyvr

Demand seems to be there based on all the ideas posted.   And yes, good point. Smiley Wink

-Tim U.
Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Demand seems to be there based on all the ideas posted.   And yes, good point. Smiley Wink

But then I look at some of the things released in new versions and I say..

"What bunch of idiots" demanded that functionality? 

Or you go to the "top ideas" list and see how many are not implemented year after year.. 

Just things that make you go "hmmm"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report