Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patterning Direct Edited feature

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
eluoci
662 Views, 6 Replies

Patterning Direct Edited feature

Hi! Is it possible to patter direct edit feature. i have a feature on the part that i modified with direct edit, but now cant select that direct edit feature to pattern it together with the part. am i doing something wrong or is just no possible.

Best Regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: eluoci

@eluoci wrote:

... pattern it together with the part. am i doing something wrong or is just no possible.

Sounds like you might want to select the Pattern a Solid option to pattern the entire body.

Can you attach the file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
eluoci
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you! 

Message 4 of 7
khazbartur
in reply to: JDMather

Hello! I have the following problem:

I want to pattern A FEATURE with direct edit applyed to it, but when I try to do it

Inventor says direct edit can't be patterned so I can only pattern the feature without the edit...

To make it clear - I am making a crown and I wanna clone the gems on it, which have some rotation (screenshot in attachments).

Pls help with de issue!

Message 5 of 7
mflayler2
in reply to: khazbartur

Create the Loft as a new solid then direct edit it, then Pattern the solid.  When finished use the Combine command to return it to a single solid part.

2015-02-04_11-09-00.jpg

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 7
khazbartur
in reply to: mflayler2

Thanks! That worked just as I needed! I'm afraid I can't mark this as solution cuz I am not the creator of the topic!

But thank you very much anyway!!!

Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
eluoci
in reply to: khazbartur

for some odd reason i dont have "accept as solution" button on JDMather, Mark_Flayler posts, but can give only can give Kudos, maybe they have too many point, that there no place on a server to store them on =)) joking, some sort of a bug probably. Their post are green mayber indicating they are already accepted as a solution. strange. But Thank you guys so much it be hard for us newbies with out you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report