Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern sketch geometry on an angle

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
389 Views, 4 Replies

Pattern sketch geometry on an angle

Hi guys, I am running into a roadblock here, I am trying to get the rectangle in green to pattern upward on the part while maintaining the 1.5" dimension on both sides and I can't seem to figure this out. I feel like this should be very straight forward and that I just can't seem to get the correct Google search to get what I want. Can somebody show me how to do that?

sketch 

I am trying to make some grating templates for my company so that as I adjust the size of the part the grating will automaticcally rebuild. I thought I needed to pattern this in the sketch in order to make it build how I want, but if it can be done better by patterning the feature I would love to know how.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I might start this from scratch using the Frame-Generator. Then each"Line" across will become a bar and the length will be produced and updated for later use.

The way you are going each bar of your grate would be combined as a single IPT if they are included in the sketch.

If I read the picture correctly, it looks like both verticle members are Angles. and then cross bars are either round stock or square stock.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Yeah I thought about using the frame generator for this family of parts but I would prefer to not use it.
You are looking at it correctly that the vertical members will be angle and the cross bars will be flat bar.
Message 4 of 5
blair

I added an attachment in my post quickly done in Frame-Gen, I did use round bar.

Short of having to do a IPT for each cross bar and make the part Adaptive to the side angles...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Not sure if there is a better way of doing this, but i had a similar problem, I used a single part file, and seperate solid bodies and used a cut extrusion to trim the patten at an angle. if you wanted to acheive the same thing in an assembly, could try with be acheived with derived parts.Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report