Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

ben.walchli
Message 1 of 1 (215 Views)

Pattern of a image/decal

215 Views, 0 Replies
11-24-2011 09:17 AM

I've been trying all sorts of methods to apply an image to a pattern of extrusions, but making a pattern of the extrusion (or solid) does not allow images/decals to be attached. Currently the only way I can have the image be applied to the top face of patterned extrusion is to create a new sketch, and inside of that sketch pattern the image with references to dimensions in the extrusion pattern.

Making a pattern of the solid, which includes the extrusion and decal, does not work either as only the extrusion is patterned. Is making a sketch with a referenced pattern really the only way to have patterned images in a single part file? I know I could make a single extrusion+image a part file, then pattern that in an assembly, but it just seems nonsensical.

Also, is there a reason why the pattern tool in sketch mode does not have the midplane feature (symmetric)?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.