Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern flanges along sline but maintaining common flange direction center

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LPCM
213 Views, 2 Replies

Pattern flanges along sline but maintaining common flange direction center

Hi.

I'm trying to pattern two flanges and hole along a curve which is made up of two radii and a straight line. So far so good. The problem is that the hole, the flanges, and the flange bolt holes need to to be pointing att a shared center point, not concentric to any of the radii. This means that the first instance direction (sketched pointing to the center point) will have a unique tangent to the curve, thus making it (seemingly) impossible to use a Pattern along curve - Direction 1 combo.

Also, what's up with not being able to pattern solids along a curve? Seems like I can only choose features.

Attached is a simplified model (Inventor 2015). It's about as close as I've gotten, still way off though. The model is going to be used as a parameter driven skeleton for creating sheet metal parts in an assembly. I therefor need all identical parts to be the same solid so that I can use the copy pattern function.

This problem occurs a bunch of times in the full model (a few hundred different sheet metal parts), so your help will be extremely appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
admaiora
in reply to: LPCM

Hi LCPM,

if i have understood, this is the orientation that you would like for your pattern

s.jpg

You can't obtain it with the pattern.

I have create a block, that simulate quite well a part in assembly behavior, constrained all the blocks, than create solids groups as you need for your workflow.

I don't know if it is exacly what you was looking for.

The file here attached.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
LPCM
in reply to: admaiora

Hi.

Thanks for your input, but I think I'll just have to mate them individually in the sheet metal assembly, seeing as how both quantity, size and direction parameters will change from project to project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report