Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern a solidbody, while drecreasing it's size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
staale
346 Views, 5 Replies

Pattern a solidbody, while drecreasing it's size

Hi,

I have a question, I have not been able to solve yet. I'm looking to pattern a solid inside a multibodypart, while decreasing its size to fit inside.

Hope someone could help me with this, cause as usual tight deadline Smiley Tongue

See attached picture.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
VdVeek
in reply to: staale

Have a look at iCopy. The help function gives you an example of a ladder which looks the same like your design.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 3 of 6
staale
in reply to: VdVeek

Hi and thanks for reply.

ICopy aren't available in a Multibody, or am I missing something?

Staale

Message 4 of 6
VdVeek

ICopy isn't available in multibody. But why are you creating this in multibody? In the real world this will be multiple parts, so why not create it that way?

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 5 of 6
staale
in reply to: VdVeek

The reason is that I wanted to run this in Dynamic Simulation, but you are correct, in the real world this would be multiple parts, but I do Make Componets of my multibody parts.
But it looks like it will be better to just make the shell a multibody and then use framemaker to add the stiffening girders inside the shell.
The multibody-parts can get to complicated when you add to many parts to it.
Message 6 of 6
nannerdw

You can shinkwrap the assembly file if you need a simplified version of it, too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report