Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern a hole feature by linking to....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
259 Views, 6 Replies

Pattern a hole feature by linking to....

I am trying to link a hole feature in a part in an assembly with the number of a particular feature in another part within the assembly.  Let me clarify that, I have a base plate part with a coutersunk hole feature that I want to pattern by linking it to the number of bosses in another part within the same assembly.  Any suggestion on how to do this?  I have tried and tried to figure it out myself but haven't succeeded.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PACDrafting
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need to link the parameters for the pattern.

This is achieved by opening the parameters dialog within the part with the countersunk hole in it. Then select link parameters via a part and select the part that has the pattern parameters, then select the parameters required.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: PACDrafting

I have tried to follow your instructions but I'm obviously missing something.  I identified the parameter for the circular pattern on the first part and then I went to the second part and clicked on the Parameters button from the Manage Tab.  I then clicked on the only button available with anything near like what you said which is a button with the work Link on it.  I then navigate to the first part and see the list of parameters there including the one for the circular pattern I am trying to link to but where to go from there I am not sure.  Am I doing this right?  I have included a link to a video of what I have done to look at to clarify my problem.  Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bi5MTmaHBg

Message 4 of 7
PACDrafting

Include the parameters required. E.g. the pattern number and the pattern length.

Once these are included, make these referenced parameters your parameters for the hole pattern.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: PACDrafting

Sorry for taking so long to get back on here.  I have done my best but I'm not sure if I have done it right.  Should the hole pattern update if I edit the patterned feature in the first part?  Because I don't think mine did.  This is what I have done in following your instructions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfbZpqDgJ14

Is this right or have I missed something out?

Message 6 of 7
PACDrafting

Hi

I cant view this video. Its a private video. I dont have access.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry about that.  You should be able to access it now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report