Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Color transparency problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
brandonherrer14
955 Views, 6 Replies

Patch Color transparency problem

Dear Forum,

I have a problem with the patch tool. When i patch a surface, it has a orange transparency color. So, when i change the color by right clicking it and clicking proppeties to change it to the desired color (which is aluminum flat), it changes to the color but it does not look solid but instead it is see through.

How to i changed patched surfaces to a desired solid color instead of it having a transparency feel to it.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: brandonherrer14

It is not solid.

If you want it to "look" solid right click on the surface in the browser and (un)select Translucent.

If you want to make it solid then Stitch or Thicken.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
brandonherrer14
in reply to: JDMather

Thank You so much you always have the best answers and you are very knowledgable

Message 4 of 7
cadcamm99

I unselected translucent and the color underneath still bleeds through.  If I thicken, I cannot select 0 thickness. Is there another way? I really cannot add thicknes.  It will throw off my mating part.

Message 5 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: cadcamm99

Attach the ipt part here.

Is it solid in the real world?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 7
cadcamm99

Yes, basically I am trying to show where a liquid coating is applied on a part.  The coating does not extend the whole surface of the part, only a small area. What I ended up doing was cutting out the area that was not working for me and filling the cutout with another solid body.  Then changing the color of the second body.  I can't send you the part because it is a prototype.

Message 7 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: cadcamm99

@cadcamm99 wrote:

I can't send you the part because it is a prototype.

It should be fairly easy to create a dummy file the exhibits all the behavior of a proprietary file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report