Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paste in an assembly does not paste near cursor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stephengibson76
288 Views, 5 Replies

paste in an assembly does not paste near cursor

this is something that started happening last week, then stopped and has started again...  When i 'CTRL C' from an assembly, (doesnt matter if its from another or the one im working in), then 'CTRL V' it pastes the part a set distance from my mouse cursor, often off my viewing screen, the distance is always the same as i continue to paste... I am only working in orthaginal mode but notice this in perspective as well

is there some way to control how far the part lands in relation to the cursor?  I am used to it pasting right on the cursor

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

it started in 2014 I believe ... It use to be great when you had fasteners and just could c/p it right where you want, not it comes in not where I click ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
cmharb
in reply to: stephengibson76

I've Noticed this too, but with right clicking and selecting Copy, then right clicking and pasteing. It would be nive if the part appeared where i right clicked to paste, but it doesnt, it appears wherer the Paste word is in the pop up.

So im guessing that the part is appearing wher the paste option would be in the popup menu.

Anyway i suggest pasting with the right mouse button at least you have an idea where it will appear.

w7u-64sp1,iv14,intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb,gtx560-4gb
Message 4 of 6
Desam
in reply to: cmharb

Hi,

This has been discussed before somewhere - parts are pasted about part origin, not centroid of part since 2014.  Place component still works about centroid and I end up doing a lot more of that than I used to because as you say part appears off screen most of the time.

Hope they fix it or give us an option for the desired behaviour you want - paste about centroid or past about part origin.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Hugh

Message 5 of 6
stephengibson76
in reply to: Desam

thanks for the replies, It only started happening last week, then went away thursday and friday but is back again now...  

Stephen Gibson

Message 6 of 6

not sure its related, something else i just noted, if i drag a sketched symbol around on an idw, as soon as i grab the grip it dissapears off screen, if i zoom out, the grip seems to be offset from the cursor the same amount as when I paste a new component in an assembly...

Stephen Gibson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report