Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partslist Rollup error in single part idw

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
karthur1
540 Views, 8 Replies

Partslist Rollup error in single part idw

How do I fix the rollup error in my parts list? The parts list is of a single part (not an assembly).

I can easily delete the parts list and reinsert it. If there had been some custom parts added I would of course loose them.

I don't understand why this happened.

R11-sp1
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

Can you open the Bill of Materials and look at the QTY column? If it indicates an error, look at the tool tip message that appears when the cursor hovers over the cell. What does it say?

Katrin Grunawalt
Autodesk Developer
Message 3 of 9
karthur1

Katrin,
Can you tell me how to access the BOM editor for a part?

Thanks
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

oops. The fact that this was a part didn't fully register. There is no bom in the part. Sorry for the misleading post. A parts list of a part is a special case that I will have to look into.

Katrin Grunawalt
Autodesk Developer
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Can you open the part and look at the BOM settings in the Document Settings dialog? Is the part Unit Quantity "Each" or based on a parameter. I'm guessing the latter. This information might help narrow down the problem.

Katrin Grunawalt
Autodesk Developer
Message 6 of 9
karthur1

The Unit Quantity is "Each". The part and the idw is attached here. Hopefully it will help in figuring this out.

Thanks
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I'm missing F3211-G855 Layout.ipt which causes the drawing to lose associativity. Do you have this?

Katrin Grunawalt
Message 8 of 9
karthur1

Sorry... it is attached here.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks, that helped. I discovered a problem with property caching and querying an unloaded part document. This will be logged and fixed. There is a simple one-time workaround:

1) Open the drawing.
2) Open the part.
3) In Part: Rebuild all.
4) Switch to drawing. It is updated now.
5) Save drawing and part.

After this, I do not believe you will see this problem.

Katrin Grunawalt
Autodesk Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report