Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Only not available in BOM - can't break out parts in the drawing BOM

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lkrenzler
2776 Views, 6 Replies

Parts Only not available in BOM - can't break out parts in the drawing BOM

I have an assembly with several sub assemblies.  On the drawing, I'm trying to get a complete parts list in the BOM but "Parts Only" is not available.

I've gone to every sub assembly and enabled structured and parts only, set the view options to all levels, with no success.  In the main assembly, only Model Data and Structured are available in the BOM (Parts Only is missing).  Also, in the Structured there is no + to expand the sub assemblies.

In the drawing, when I go to create a parts list Structured is the only one available and assemblies are only listed as assemblies, no parts.

Any ideas on how to do this?  I've gone through as many tutorials as I can find but no go.  I'm on Inventor 2011 (2014 soon hopefully).

Thanks in advance for any help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jtylerbc
in reply to: lkrenzler

Is there already a structured parts list on the drawing?

Message 3 of 7
lkrenzler
in reply to: jtylerbc

No there isn't at this point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 7
lkrenzler

I added and deleted parts lists many times so far.

Message 5 of 7
rhasell

Hi

Do you have an iAssembly in your GA?

If so there are work arounds.

see this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/iAssemblies-and-Parts-List-Only-option-in-B-O-M/m-p/2...

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Mario428

@lkrenzler wrote:
I added and deleted parts lists many times so far.

Yep, been there, done that. Another Inventor snafu.

Hope you did not do much work in the drawing file. You will have to start a new drawing file to get that BOM.

When I create a drawing the very first thing I do is put an isometric view in and create a BOM from it, may be the only chance to put a "parts only" BOM in.

Message 7 of 7
lkrenzler
in reply to: rhasell

Thanks so much guys!  That was it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report