Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts only BOM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scoopthepoop2000
381 Views, 1 Reply

parts only BOM

I am using IV 2010. I have an assembly that is made up of subassemblies and individual parts.  Some of the subassemlies share the same parts.  I would like to know when I create the BOM for the top level assembly if it can show parts only with no assemblies.  I want to get the BOM to combine like parts from all subassemblies in one list. I have tried to use the part only option and it still puts subassemblies in the BOM and breaks the parts out per subassembly.  Can this be done? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Do you need to call out the subassemblies or were they just created to make you life easier whiledoing the assembly?   If you don't need to call out the subs I believe 2010 allows you to edit the document settings and make them phantom instead of normal.  By making a sub assembly phantom the BOM ignores it and then promotes all of it's children and combines the similar part where it can I believe.  Not sure if it will all work in 2010 though.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report