Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts missing from view

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ASCO-engineering
2358 Views, 7 Replies

parts missing from view

in dwg's made from an assembly i someties see that the view does not include all parts. To add to the mystery, a projected view made from the base view that lacked the component(s) view can still include the part. The missing parts are not reference parts, and can sometimes be parts of a subassembly.

The attached pdf shows an example:

- view B and C show a horizontal ground plate not visible in the base view

- the projected view shows components visible in the area of detail D, which are not shown in the base view

- near section A-A there is a component missing of which a second item is shown on the left side of the base view.

Switching the hidden lines on shows the missing components, but these should not be hidden at all. No settings are altered for the views to include/exclude components. No parts are set to reference. And no design representations are used.

Whe i bin the views and start over again, the same thing happens to the same components. However, if i bin the whole DWG file and start over, the parts are present...

any suggestions?

misha

IV2009 / Vault2009 (including service packs etc)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bobvdd
in reply to: ASCO-engineering

Hi Misha,

If no viewreps and no reference parts are involved and if the assembly and views are up-to-date, I have no immediate answr to your question.

Could you send me the dataset at bob.van.der.donck@autodesk.com so that I can have a look?

Let me know if the file size is prohibitive. If that is the case I will forward you a ftp location to dump the files.

Cheers.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 8
ASCO-engineering
in reply to: bobvdd

Hi Bob,

After having opened the assembly drawings of this machine as well of another machine, i found that the vanished components have now mysteriously re-appeared. I did alter a minor sub assembly that had no relation to the vanishing components. I guess this fored an update of the dwg which is why the components have resurfaced. I guess sending you de 55mb data set will not be of much use would it?

regards,

Misha

Message 4 of 8
bobvdd
in reply to: ASCO-engineering

Glad it worked out for you and that it was indeed a matter of fully updating the assembly.

If the problem reappears with this dataset feel free to ping me.

Bob 

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 5 of 8

I  have the same problem with parts missing from  a section view but updating the assembly or even editing the section line sketch did not work.  Nothing is hidden in the tree, the display options drop down is set to Always and the section participation is set to Section.   See attached screen shots.  Inventor 2011 x64

Message 6 of 8
rajeshindi
in reply to: feet_first

Hi,

I do have similar issue.

Also sectioning with colour is having more problem.

Try changing your section view into shaded and see what happens.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: feet_first

Attach the imported parts here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

The problem was that the section view was cropped.  I had tried deleting the crop but that  did not work.  Editing the crop sketch did work and now I see both instances on the part,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report