Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Lists

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KevinPinks7697
192 Views, 5 Replies

Parts Lists

So if I have an IDW with 2 exploded views, where one view is the top-level exploded scene and the other view is an exploded view of a sub-assembly inside the top-level assembly then what will the parts list look like? Do I need two separate Parts Lists or does one Parts List have all the parts for both views?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

If there is more than one base view..When you hit the parts list button you are required to pick the view in which the parts list is referenced to.. (Source section in Parts List Diaglog Box)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
KevinPinks7697
in reply to: mcgyvr

So if you had two views you would have 2 Parts Lists?
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kevin J. Pinks | Schneider Electric | End User Business Group -
Industry Business | Plant Solutions | Telemetry & Remote SCADA
Solutions, Mechanical Draftsperson & Document Control
Phone: +1-613-591-1943 ext. 79387 | Fax: +1-613-591-1022 |
Email: Kevin.Pinks@schneider-electric.com | Site:
www.schneider-electric.com | Address: 415 Legget Drive, Kanata, Ontario
K2K 3R1 CANADA

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

@KevinPinks7697 wrote:
So if you had two views you would have 2 Parts Lists?
_____________________________________________________________________________________

You "could" have 1 you could have 2.. You can basically do whatever you want.. YOU tell Inventor to place the parts list and what to include in it. 

Personally I do NOT do this multiple parts on 1 drawing.. Its 1 part=1 drawing.. 1 top level assembly = 1 drawing.. each sub assembly gets its own drawing,etc...

So NO I would NOT have 2 views and 2 parts list.. not on the same sheet anyways.. Thats utterly confusing/silly IMO..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 6
cbenner

SInce one view is the parent of the other, the sub assemblies parts should be there in the parent assembly's BOM.  You may have to change the structure in order to show both in pne parts list.  In your parent assembly BOM, go to View Options\View Poperties and choose All Levels.  now you should see the parent assembly and the subassembly as an indented\structured BOM.

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner wrote:

SInce one view is the parent of the other, the sub assemblies parts should be there in the parent assembly's BOM.  You may have to change the structure in order to show both in pne parts list.  In your parent assembly BOM, go to View Options\View Poperties and choose All Levels.  now you should see the parent assembly and the subassembly as an indented\structured BOM.

yeah I thought he knew about that since I seem to remember him asking about that last week or so..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report