Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List with All Levels

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Myles1
1319 Views, 11 Replies

Parts List with All Levels

I'm trying to create a parts list that will show item numbers for the sub assemblies and the individual parts for each sub assembly.  When I'm creating the parts list in the drawing, the option for "All Levels"is greyed out once I select my source assembly.  Any idea how I can show this in a Parts list?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
bryanthomas
in reply to: Myles1

Open your actual assemblies BOM and right click the structured tab. Then click view properties and select all levels. This should allow the parts list to use it.
Message 3 of 12
Myles1
in reply to: bryanthomas

Thanks,

That seems to work, now I just have to figure out how to make it so I can see the assemblies and their parts in the parts list.  For some reason the assemblies are not visible.

Basically, I need to see my three assemblies as item numbers 1,3,5. And then see all the parts of those assemblies as 11,13,15,17,19, etc.  When I edit my Parts List after it has been inserted  I see everything, with the item numbers I applied in the BOM of the assembly, but I can't get the lines containing the assemblies to be visible (right click, visible, doesn't work)

Maybe I am expecting way to much customization!

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 4 of 12
bryanthomas

What is the BOM Structure of the Assemblies you are trying to do this to?
Message 5 of 12
Myles1

Everything is set to Normal.

Message 6 of 12
bryanthomas

I guess I am a bit confused at to what your problem is. So you were able to place an "All Level" Structured parts list into the drawing but you are unable to display the actual assembly line items? What version of Inventor are you using?
Message 7 of 12
Myles1

I know it is a bit confusing!  I can place the All Levels Structured Parts List into my idw, however, I can either show the assemblies, or the parts that make them up.  (see attached for clarification)  When the assemblies are expanded in the Parts List editor, they become greyed out and I cannot make them visible in the Parts List.  We are in the process of changing or drawing package, and we need to be able to assign item numbers to both aeesmblies and parts, in the same parts list.

Thank you so much for your help, this is driving me crazy!

Message 8 of 12
bryanthomas

Thanks for your explanation. I am trying to reproduce this on my end however I have not been able to do so. And I did not see anywhere on your post what version of Inventor you were using. This may help me track this issue down for you.
Message 9 of 12
bryanthomas

Looks like this person was having the same problem: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/BOM-Levels-Display-parent-amp-children-in-parts-list... Did you create the Sub-Assemblies by demoting them from the parent? Are all your files migrated?
Message 10 of 12
Myles1

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was using Inventor 2011. 

This assembly was created by simpley Placing the sub assemblies in.  This is a very simplistic version that I am using to try to get this parts list to work.  These asemblies will get more complicated in the future.  Right now, two small assemblies were created seperately, and Placed into an empty one, all by the same software.

Message 11 of 12
bryanthomas

Do you have all the Service packs and hotfixes installed? 2011 Had 2 Service packs I believe aswell as hotfixes after that. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242019#section23
Message 12 of 12
Myles1

Everything is up-to-date, and still nothing!  This seems like it should be an easy fix, but I can't seem to be able to have both the assemblies and parts show in the parts list!

Thank you for all the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report