Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List Unit Qty Formatting

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
aahamp
809 Views, 6 Replies

Parts List Unit Qty Formatting

I am trying to make a parts list that also functions as a Material Cut list,  I am having trouble getting the units to show up formatted as fractions when the "unit qty" and "qty" are listed as lengths, while keeping the "each" units formatted correctly.   inventorpartslist.JPG

Here is the format I am working on,  I would like the Lengths listed under Unit qty and Qty to be shown as fractional lengths.  However when I change column formatting I get "Incompatable Units Error"  on the "each" quantity fields.     Is there a simple solution to this? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: aahamp

Hi!

I think it can not be done. The parts list doesn't make calculations, only shows results.
You can export the list of parts to "excel" and make some changes, add columns, etc., and can be put back on the drawing, but the excel file will not stay associative to any change you make in the model later.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto

That can't be done unless through iLogic.  What we do is in the styles, create a seperate column that looks like this.

um.JPG

That looks like this in the parts list.

um.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
kadscad

How do you get it to display in fractions correctly.  If I'm set to 16ths 

3/4" will display as 12/16" .

Guys out in the shop will kill me if I gave them a cut list like this like this

Kirk
Inventor 2023
Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kadscad

Hi Kirk,

I am aware of a round-up fractional number issue in drawing environment. But I am not aware of 12/16". Could you share an example that exhibits the behavior?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
blandb

Do you actually need both Quantity fields? Can you not show the length of cut and how many of that piece you need? If so, you could just pull the length of the parts and then format the column to be 1/16

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 7 of 7
kadscad
in reply to: johnsonshiue

the fractional format issue is in excel 

Kirk
Inventor 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report