Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List Text Style

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Calavetta123
263 Views, 2 Replies

Parts List Text Style

I was wonder if someone can tell me the Standard Text Style and Height used on a Mechanical Drawings Parts List "B Size".

IV 2024 Pro-Suite / VP 2024
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Calavetta123

There is no standard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: Calavetta123

ANSI Y14.2M-1979 & reaffirmed 1987 (yes, it's surely out of date) gives a table of Recommended Minimum Letter Heights.  Up to and including 17 x 22 inches (C size) is .125 (freehand) and .120 (mechanical), for dimensions, tolerances, limits, notes, etc.  Larger minimums apply for other stuff such as drawing numbers and titles.

We should definitely acquire a newer version.  I hear some people now even use computers to produce drawings...

Edit: turns out we did get a new one-- Y14.2M-1992 reaffirmed 2003 has consigned the inch standards to the appendix, but there the only number given is minimum text height .12.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report