Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List - suddenly defaulting to GOST?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
63pkay
454 Views, 3 Replies

Parts List - suddenly defaulting to GOST?

Why would my parts list suddenly default to a GOST standard, and not allow me any options to change it? In the styles library, only ANSI is available as an option, so I can't change it there either. On another sheet in the same file, I had inserted a parts list that was normal. But if I try to re-insert on that sheet now, it changes to GOST.

Earlier today I had trouble with flat patterns saving to DWG, and worked for hours to resolve that. Found a post related to it, and asked if they ever figured it out. Never got an answer. A co-worker suggested I try opening with 2009, and although I knew it wouldn't open, I was out of options, and so tried it. When I opened IV2009, it informed me that it needed to update licenses. So as we all know when I opened the file in the older version it didn't work. So I tried it again in 2010, for lack of any new ideas why not try the insane move of doing what you've already done 2 dozen times? And lo and behold, it saved the flat pattern to DWG! So I don't know if the "licensing" function that 2009 did enabled a file that was needed? And did it mess with my parts list?

I've tried repairing through the "add/remove hardware" tool, and it was well into the repair when it said it couldn't find a file. My options were to browse for the file or cancel.

Is there anyone out there that can help me? I'm so frustrated at wasting a whole day, not to mention the first time I tried to post this, the site when down right as I hit the "post message" button. Wow.

And P.S. One other clue that may help: My "Annotate" tab now suddenly says "Annotate (ESKD). What is (ESKD)? Edited by: 63pkay on Jun 11, 2009 2:29 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: 63pkay

Do you have more than one person using Inventor? If so,
someone else may have modified the library or the templates.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified
Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified
Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3,
AIP 2009-SP1 PcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB

XP Pro SP3, Windows XP Silver Theme

href="http://teknigroup.com">http://teknigroup.com
Message 3 of 4
63pkay

Nope. Single user, but I find I was the culprit. I finally found the answer in plain old Autodesk Help. While trying to figure out the issue with the flat patterns, I checked the add-ins to see if any of those were the problem. So I had loaded and unloaded different combinations (not researching what each add-in was) just trying to solve the flat pattern problem. Anyway I had loaded the ESKD support, and apparently never unloaded it, and that was what messed with my parts list. I was beginning to think my software had been corrupted in some way.

Thanks for the help!
Message 4 of 4
ninhcoi`

Thank 63pkay!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums