Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
63pkay
Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)

Parts List - suddenly defaulting to GOST?

299 Views, 3 Replies
06-11-2009 12:27 PM
Why would my parts list suddenly default to a GOST standard, and not allow me any options to change it? In the styles library, only ANSI is available as an option, so I can't change it there either. On another sheet in the same file, I had inserted a parts list that was normal. But if I try to re-insert on that sheet now, it changes to GOST.

Earlier today I had trouble with flat patterns saving to DWG, and worked for hours to resolve that. Found a post related to it, and asked if they ever figured it out. Never got an answer. A co-worker suggested I try opening with 2009, and although I knew it wouldn't open, I was out of options, and so tried it. When I opened IV2009, it informed me that it needed to update licenses. So as we all know when I opened the file in the older version it didn't work. So I tried it again in 2010, for lack of any new ideas why not try the insane move of doing what you've already done 2 dozen times? And lo and behold, it saved the flat pattern to DWG! So I don't know if the "licensing" function that 2009 did enabled a file that was needed? And did it mess with my parts list?

I've tried repairing through the "add/remove hardware" tool, and it was well into the repair when it said it couldn't find a file. My options were to browse for the file or cancel.

Is there anyone out there that can help me? I'm so frustrated at wasting a whole day, not to mention the first time I tried to post this, the site when down right as I hit the "post message" button. Wow.

And P.S. One other clue that may help: My "Annotate" tab now suddenly says "Annotate (ESKD). What is (ESKD)? Edited by: 63pkay on Jun 11, 2009 2:29 PM
*Dennis Jeffrey
Message 2 of 4 (299 Views)

Re: Parts List - suddenly defaulting to GOST?

06-11-2009 12:55 PM in reply to: 63pkay

Do you have more than one person using Inventor? If so,
someone else may have modified the library or the templates.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified
Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified
Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3,
AIP 2009-SP1 PcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB

XP Pro SP3, Windows XP Silver Theme

href="http://teknigroup.com">http://teknigroup.com
Contributor
63pkay
Message 3 of 4 (299 Views)

06-11-2009 01:21 PM in reply to: 63pkay
Nope. Single user, but I find I was the culprit. I finally found the answer in plain old Autodesk Help. While trying to figure out the issue with the flat patterns, I checked the add-ins to see if any of those were the problem. So I had loaded and unloaded different combinations (not researching what each add-in was) just trying to solve the flat pattern problem. Anyway I had loaded the ESKD support, and apparently never unloaded it, and that was what messed with my parts list. I was beginning to think my software had been corrupted in some way.

Thanks for the help!
ninhcoi`
Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)

03-16-2011 08:15 PM in reply to: 63pkay

Thank 63pkay!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.