Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARTS LIST STYLE CONFLICT ERROR

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
avaya2012
512 Views, 7 Replies

PARTS LIST STYLE CONFLICT ERROR

I recently set up a new title block.  We also made a new parts list that suits our needs better.  When I get everything set up and saved how I want it I am getting the attached error when starting a new drawing file.  It then defaults back to the original parts list but I can select the updated parts list from the drop down menu on the quick access toolbar.

What do I need to do to get my updated parts list to be the default?  I went into the Style Library Manager like the error says but I do not know what to do once I am there.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SBix26
in reply to: avaya2012

You need to save your new styles to the styles library from the template where you modified them.  Editing/creating styles happens in the context of an actual file.  But that's the only place they exist until you save them to the library.

Message 3 of 8
avaya2012
in reply to: SBix26

I have saved this style in the style library multiple times.  When I go into the Style and Standard Editor, then go to Parts List in the tree, and right click on my updated parts list to Save Style to Library but that option is grayed out since it is already saved.  Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 8
SBix26

What version of Inventor?

Message 5 of 8
avaya2012

I am probably missing one simple step as that seems to be  what happens with most of my issues. 

Message 6 of 8
SBix26

No further ideas.  I have a similar issue in 2012 where sometimes (not always) we get a message like this when starting a new drawing, although in our case it is a Parts List style.  I have learned to ignore it, because I'm the keeper of the styles library and templates, and I know with absolute certainty that the library and template styles are the same.  And much of the time Inventor agrees, just not all the time.  I was hoping that this would not be a problem in 2013.

Message 7 of 8
cwhetten

I have this same problem in 2012.  Just today, I updated the style library with the latest changes in the drawing styles, and the first new document I opened, it seemed to be ok.  I thought I had finally fixed it.  But the next new drawing I started said my doc styles don't match the library.

Seems like a bug to me.

Message 8 of 8
avaya2012

Well I figured out my issue for this problem.

Apparently I did not have the new style saved in the style library.  I missed one simple step which seems to happen a quite a bit when you are not at this.  I did not click the save button in the manage tab to update the styles library.  Now it seems to be working fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report