Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List - Nested Numbering

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
234 Views, 7 Replies

Parts List - Nested Numbering

Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of being stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested subs in a parts list? i.e. Item 47, when expanded, becomes 47.1 47.2 47.3 Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to 48, and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a move IV team!!!!) Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't NEVER seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! Thanks. If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that ain't been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, promise.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hellloooo (waving hands, or rather white flag). Would someone like to confirm or deny this?? -- "John" wrote in message news:4036e3ac$1_2@newsprd01... > Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of being > stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested subs in > a parts list? i.e. > > Item 47, when expanded, becomes > 47.1 > 47.2 > 47.3 > > Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to 48, > and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a move IV > team!!!!) > > Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't NEVER > seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! > > Thanks. > > If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that ain't > been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, promise. > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

"dummy that ain't been addressed yet" I manually edit those in the parts list. Mike "John" wrote in message news:4036e3ac$1_2@newsprd01... > Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of being > stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested subs in > a parts list? i.e. > > Item 47, when expanded, becomes > 47.1 > 47.2 > 47.3 > > Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to 48, > and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a move IV > team!!!!) > > Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't NEVER > seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! > > Thanks. > > If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that ain't > been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, promise. > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Oh. you can manually change item numbers?? Silly me. Well that's better than 47.1! Thanks for the info. -- "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in message news:403a3e4a$1_3@newsprd01... > "dummy that ain't been addressed yet" > > > I manually edit those in the parts list. > > Mike > > "John" wrote in message news:4036e3ac$1_2@newsprd01... > > Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of > being > > stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested subs > in > > a parts list? i.e. > > > > Item 47, when expanded, becomes > > 47.1 > > 47.2 > > 47.3 > > > > Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to 48, > > and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a move > IV > > team!!!!) > > > > Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't NEVER > > seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! > > > > Thanks. > > > > If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that > ain't > > been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, promise. > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Is that you Dr Phil "John" wrote in message news:403a4025$1_1@newsprd01... > Oh. you can manually change item numbers?? Silly me. Well that's better than > 47.1! > > Thanks for the info. > > -- > > "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in > message news:403a3e4a$1_3@newsprd01... > > "dummy that ain't been addressed yet" > > > > > > I manually edit those in the parts list. > > > > Mike > > > > "John" wrote in message > news:4036e3ac$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of > > being > > > stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested subs > > in > > > a parts list? i.e. > > > > > > Item 47, when expanded, becomes > > > 47.1 > > > 47.2 > > > 47.3 > > > > > > Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to > 48, > > > and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a > move > > IV > > > team!!!!) > > > > > > Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't > NEVER > > > seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! > > > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that > > ain't > > > been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, promise. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

You can't freeze your manual edits in the item number column, not near as I can tell. Any re-sort/renumber flips these back to the retardo dash numbering scheme. Any more pearls you wanna toss?? "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in message news:403a3e4a$1_3@newsprd01... > "dummy that ain't been addressed yet" > > > I manually edit those in the parts list. > > Mike > > "John" wrote in message news:4036e3ac$1_2@newsprd01... > > Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of > being > > stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested subs > in > > a parts list? i.e. > > > > Item 47, when expanded, becomes > > 47.1 > > 47.2 > > 47.3 > > > > Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to 48, > > and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a move > IV > > team!!!!) > > > > Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't NEVER > > seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! > > > > Thanks. > > > > If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that > ain't > > been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, promise. > > > > > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

While all for "have it your way", I kind of like the retard'o dash numbering scheme as you call it, specially when I want to balloon an assembly of welded assemblies for instance. The dot # make it easy to indicate which parts are members of a particular welded sub in the whole assembly ... just to point out one less than retarded instance ... or at least I hope it is. You can always display them in different combinations that may not seem so retarded to you as well. No requirement far as I know to click on the + dropdown. ~Larry "John" wrote in message news:403a9818$1_3@newsprd01... > You can't freeze your manual edits in the item number column, not near as I > can tell. Any re-sort/renumber flips these back to the retardo dash > numbering scheme. Any more pearls you wanna toss?? > > "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in > message news:403a3e4a$1_3@newsprd01... > > "dummy that ain't been addressed yet" > > > > > > I manually edit those in the parts list. > > > > Mike > > > > "John" wrote in message > news:4036e3ac$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of > > being > > > stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested subs > > in > > > a parts list? i.e. > > > > > > Item 47, when expanded, becomes > > > 47.1 > > > 47.2 > > > 47.3 > > > > > > Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to > 48, > > > and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a > move > > IV > > > team!!!!) > > > > > > Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't > NEVER > > > seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! > > > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that > > ain't > > > been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, promise. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Here, here. I'm all for a program working like YOU want it. But I'm even more for a program working for EVERYONE's needs (me bein' in the 2nd group). I'm not saying I want my way, not yours. I'm sayin' ah shore would lak mah way TOO. Thanks for the viewpoint Larry. > You can always display them in different combinations that may not seem so > retarded to you as well. 'Ceptin' when ah goes ta resortin' an the confounded think goes back to retardo. Sorry ah called your preference retarded, bless yer soul. Was ya fixin' to answer mah question 'bout freezin the values? "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message news:403a9c3f$1_1@newsprd01... > While all for "have it your way", I kind of like the retard'o dash numbering > scheme as you call it, specially when I want to balloon an assembly of > welded assemblies for instance. The dot # make it easy to indicate which > parts are members of a particular welded sub in the whole assembly ... just > to point out one less than retarded instance ... or at least I hope it is. > You can always display them in different combinations that may not seem so > retarded to you as well. No requirement far as I know to click on the + > dropdown. > ~Larry > > "John" wrote in message news:403a9818$1_3@newsprd01... > > You can't freeze your manual edits in the item number column, not near as > I > > can tell. Any re-sort/renumber flips these back to the retardo dash > > numbering scheme. Any more pearls you wanna toss?? > > > > "Mike Maenpaa" wrote in > > message news:403a3e4a$1_3@newsprd01... > > > "dummy that ain't been addressed yet" > > > > > > > > > I manually edit those in the parts list. > > > > > > Mike > > > > > > "John" wrote in message > > news:4036e3ac$1_2@newsprd01... > > > > Perhaps I'm becoming senile, but didn't they address the limitation of > > > being > > > > stuck with only one format for item numbering when expanding nested > subs > > > in > > > > a parts list? i.e. > > > > > > > > Item 47, when expanded, becomes > > > > 47.1 > > > > 47.2 > > > > 47.3 > > > > > > > > Is there a way to get Inventor to "wisen-up" to the numbering 47.1 to > > 48, > > > > and 47.2 to 49 (ala MDT5 and beyond capability; jab jab let's bust a > > move > > > IV > > > > team!!!!) > > > > > > > > Here's hopin' I'm missing something and this can be done cuz I ain't > > NEVER > > > > seen a balloon that's number 47.1 !! > > > > > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > > > If it can't be done, please someone just post back and say dummy that > > > ain't > > > > been addressed yet and I won't go away mad, I'll just go away, > promise. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report