Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Cool_Breeze_Jr
510 Views, 5 Replies

Parts list issue

Hello to everyone! I have a quick question that probanbly can be solved with one button, I just cant find it. I have an assembly loaded into a typical .idw. I want to reuse the same assembly to show multiple sections, details, etc. on several sheets. I balloon my first sheet of the parts I want to show in my parts list for sheet one. I start a second sheet and insert the same assembly, balloon different parts from the same assembly. I then create a parts list for "JUST THE BALLOONED ITEMS ON SHEET 2" and I am seeing the item numbers I ballooned on the first sheet! Whats the deal here. Am I missing something? I did go into the parts list options and filter ballooned items only. It just baffles me!!! I have attached both sheets that show the same parts list but the balloons are different for both sheets.

Cool Breeze Jr

Inventor Pro 2013

Dell Dim 8300

i7-2600 3.40GHz

16GB RAM

Yeah....it kicks booty!Smiley Happy

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Autodesk Product Design Suite 2014
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jletcher
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

Once you placed 1 filter on the parts list you are stuck with those. The best way is to build BOM with all and turn the visibility off of the ones you don't want to see.

Message 3 of 6
Cool_Breeze_Jr
in reply to: jletcher

Soooo, your saying that this issue cannot be resolved by just filtering ballooned items only for that particular sheet?

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Message 4 of 6
jletcher

Correct. Once you places a filter on the given assembly the parts list is locked with that filter for that assembly no matter what sheet it is on because it is the same assembly...

Message 5 of 6
Cool_Breeze_Jr
in reply to: jletcher

Ok thanks for your help, I just thought it would be easier and faster to just filter ballooned items for each sheet not globally. 

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Message 6 of 6
jletcher

yeah would be nice but Autodesk is putting that new Interface in and they are all tied up doing that rather than making Inventor work for the users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report