Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List help needed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pdnm1
351 Views, 5 Replies

Parts List help needed

I'm currently still searching for anything on this, but here goes anyways:

I have a need to insert a parts list but instead of having the Inventor default where the first item in the Parts List is the first model you inserted into the assembly, but rather I want the Assembly file itself to be listed as the first entry with a "null" quantity.

Is this possible by settings within Inventor or is this something I will have to write a script for?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: pdnm1

Don't know why you would want to do that... but have you tried to "insert a custom part" while editing the parts list..Or how about creating a virtual part in the assembly.. Or how about simply changing the title of the parts list to include your assembly part number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
pcunningham1

See if this works:

Format your parts list to omit the title and header rows. Then incorporate those rows into your title block, or make them a sketched symbol, where you can call the i-props into the text. This assumes you don't need an item nmber for your assy.

Paul Cunningham
IV2008
Message 4 of 6
pdnm1

I'm in need of doing this because it is a contractual requirement for the design.

The customer wants the the Parts Lists laid out with the Assembly title as the first item and the quantity as "null".

I've seen this many times before for gov't contracts so it's not unusual.

I already have iProps populating the Title Fields for the parts and sub assemblies that are brought into the main assembly, but as mentioned, we'd like the Parts List for each assembly drawing to come in as mentioned in an easier way that what is currently being done. Currently they are inserting a Sketched Symbol of the Assembly Parts List as mentioned, then inserting the default Inventor Parts List directly under the Sketched Symbol and then editing the default Parts List to renumber the items. Doable, but a pain. I'm just looking to streamline the process somehow.

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

I think the sketched symbol is the best method...

mental note to self.. Check any new gov't contracts to have that f*%&ing dumb requirement removed prior to signing contract.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
pdnm1
in reply to: mcgyvr

mental note to self.. Check any new gov't contracts to have that f*%&ing dumb requirement removed prior to signing contract.

Shall I take that as you not submitting your resume here?...LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report