Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List - Adding addition "blank" columns

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
VALVETECH
2260 Views, 2 Replies

Parts List - Adding addition "blank" columns

I have a situation where I need to add additional columns to a parts list.

These columns will not be a standard inventor column option, I need to put a specific number for reference in that column.

I start by double clicking on the parts list to bring up the editing option. Then I click on "Column Chooser" where I can personalize the parts list.

There is an option to add a "blank" column, which is great, but I need to add more than one.

Every time i add the "blank" column it disappears from the "Available Properties" it goes to the "Selected Properties" side and then when I click on "New Property" to add another "blank" column, it wont let me.

When trying to add the new property I am pressing the "space bar" key in order to leave it blank, but it just wont show as an "add" option in the "aAvailable Properties" section.

The reason I am not typing in the specific numbers is because I want them to be vertical and not horizontal - this saves me space on the drawing.

I've done this before, yet I cannot duplicate what I've done in the past and it's driving me insane.

Anyone have any idea how I can add multiple "blank" columns.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Myles1
in reply to: VALVETECH

This is one quick way that seems to work.....

Select Column Chooser and creat a new property, call it whatever you like, "-".  Repeat for another colum, keeping in mind they have to be unique, so the next new property could be "--".  When you have created as many as you need, select OK, and you will see these dashed columns populate in your parts list editor.  Right click on the colums you've created, one by one, and select Format Colum.  In the Heading field, replace the dashes with a few spaces.  (you cannot have an empty field, so the spaces are necessary) This will give you empty colums with empty headers.

Hope it works for you!

Message 3 of 3
VALVETECH
in reply to: VALVETECH

Thank you so much.

Even after all this time after this post i had found no answer until you replied.

I appreciate your help and time!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report