Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts/Hole Disappearing

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1726 Views, 12 Replies

Parts/Hole Disappearing

Hello all,

I'm having a series of issues with a large Inventor model:

1. Holes keep disappearing from the assembly. Though they are 'there' and all screws are constrained to them. I would redefine one of the hole feature's sketch and ALL the holes would show up. I did a rebuild all and that seemed to fix the issue. They now show up in the .iam, .ipn and drawing. Can anyone comment on why this happened?
  2. Parts keep disappearing (or are getting automatically suppressed) from a presentation view, and thus the drawing. I unsuppress one of the parts that is "missing" and the other 8 magically appear. I reexplode everything and then it happens again. Any suggestions?

The model is proprietary so I cannot post it. Sorry.

Aaron

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

How were these holes created? punch tool or just regular hole feature or bolted connection generator?

Post computer specs, OS/CPU/Ram? and include the graphics card and current driver version.

Any imported files in this large assembly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 13
Cadmanto

Aaron,

Were the holes created in the assembly, or the parts?  Fair to assume these missing parts are directly related to the missing holes?

Can you either post your files or some images?

What version are you running?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

The holes were created using the regular hole feature. No imported parts, Here are the computer specs:

• Dell Precision T3500
  • Intel processor 3.2 Ghz
  • 12 gig RAM
  • 64 bit operating system.

Graphics card I do not know, but I can tell you we have some pretty awful graphics cards.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

The holes were created in the assembly. There maybe have been a missing link betwen the ipn and iam for the view with the missing parts, so I redid that so we'll see if that works. We use 2014.

Message 6 of 13
blair

If they were created in the IAM as assembly features, then they reside in the assembly. You would need to push them down to their respective IPT files for them to show up on the IPT.

That's the reason they are disappeared from the IPN file. When you "Explode" and move the parts around the holes will disappear

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

This holes need to be called out in an installation drawing (a.k.a. holes are drilled onsite). They can not be placed in the IPT. Thank you thought!

Message 8 of 13
blair

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news then, they won't appear in your IPN for this reason. Because the hole at the Assembly level resides in a particular location within the IAM file. If they did show up in the IPN file, as you moved the IPT files to get the desired explosion, the holes would then move on the parts as they move to their new location.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 13
mcgyvr

@Blair wrote:

That's the reason they are disappeared from the IPN file. When you "Explode" and move the parts around the holes will disappear

Not that I've seen.. Holes created on part faces for example like I suspect the OP is doing in the assembly level move with the face in an ipn tweak..

Seeing that the OP says they have "pretty awful graphics cards" just makes me lean towards that being the problem. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Blair,

That's not true. See the "Don't Disappear" image. The "disappear" image is what's concerning. This holes will not only turn on/off in the IDW, but also in the IAM.

Aaron

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Our graphics card is NVIDIA Quadro 4000.

Message 12 of 13
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Our graphics card is NVIDIA Quadro 4000.

Seem to remember quite a few people having problems with those around here..

I'd try to update the driver first.. As its a quadro you "might" want to check the "Autodesk Inventor certified driver list"... But that wouldn't stop me at all from trying the latest from the manufacturers site.

Message 13 of 13
blair

I wonder if the part that's being suppressed is the surface that's being used/referenced for the holes and Inventor is loosing it's way. Check that you are current on all SP's, Updates and Hot-Fixes for your version of Inventor as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report