Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts analysis quality prediction..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cats_eye
974 Views, 3 Replies

Parts analysis quality prediction..

Alright.. here it is..

I have a plastic part simulated using inventor pro 2013..

The results of the quality prediction are:

79.8% high, 20.1% medium and 0.14% low..

And the maximum vol. shrinkage at ejection is 7.89..

Is my part acceptable?? will i encounter any possible problem because of the result i obtained??

Kindly advise..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LT.Rusty
in reply to: cats_eye

How much background do you have in plastic injection molding?  There's a lot of interpretation needed when you use the built-in moldflow capabilities of Inventor, and you really need to have a solid understanding of plastic part design, materials, processes, etc., before going too far into this.  Interpreting Inventor's moldflow results is a somewhat esoteric art form.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
cats_eye
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Well I'm a manufacturing design engineer in our company. One of my responsibility is to design a product which involves plastic components. I am also exposed to the plastic injection process and somehow knowledgeable on the mold manufacturing side. With this, i really need to have solid understanding of plastic part design using the inventor pro 2013 software.
Hope you can help me on this..
Message 4 of 4
LT.Rusty
in reply to: cats_eye

You say you are "exposed to the plastic injection process," and that you are "somehow knowledgeable."  You probably need a little more of a solid grounding than just being "exposed" to it.

The Quality Prediction in Inventor only really shows you where problems are likely to be.  It's left mostly up to your own experience and knowledge to predict what specific issues are going to manifest.

If you're in the US, I highly recommend going to one of the summer seminars at University of Massachussetts on plastic part design.  They're not that long - the part design one is only 4 days - but they'll really be very helpful.  Very information-dense.  There's an afternoon spent in the lab with Autodesk Sim Moldflow, too.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report