Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participate in Assembly Sections on Content Center parts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
CeesNooij
1282 Views, 7 Replies

Participate in Assembly Sections on Content Center parts

A thing I bump in to everytime is that Content Center parts do not standard section in Assemblies and Drawings.

In the Drawings I can menage this by selecting the parts in browser or drawing views and get them sectioned or not.

In Assemblies there is the option to select "Participate in Assembly and Drawing sections" in the Document Settings.

Unfortunately this doesn't work on Content Center parts. Why not?

After searching the site, I noticed the "solution" to check the "Section All Parts" option in the Application options.

This solution is a work around. It only solves the issue when you want to section all parts.

But what if I want to section a few parts and not all?

For example, I do want to section my beams, pipes, tubes etc., but do not want to section my bolts, nuts, washers etc.

I thought that was wat the "Participate in Assembly and Drawing sections" option was for.

This is a huge issue for us.

Currently working with Inventor 2012

Hopefully there's a solution or coming in near future.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CeesNooij
in reply to: CeesNooij

No replies yet, guess there's no solution?

I hope in IV2013 it will be solved, but probably shouldn't count on it...... 😕

Message 3 of 8

Hi Falconeer,

You can set the sectioning property per part file by editing the part and going to the Tools tab > Document Settings button > Modelng tab > Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections option.

You might explore this option, to see if it helps.

Not too that you can control the sectioning of parts from the browser in the drawing view by right clicking on the part node in the browser.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 8
SBix26
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

@Curtis_Waguespack wrote:

Hi Falconeer,

You can set the sectioning property per part file by editing the part and going to the Tools tab > Document Settings button > Modelng tab > Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections option.

... but you can't do that with Content Center parts, at least I haven't figured out how.  Even if I change that setting, it still doesn't section in an assembly.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 5 of 8

Hi guys,

Please disregard my previous reply, I didn't read cosely, and was considering some of my "hacked" CC parts. The only way I know to do this with standard CC parts is via the drawing view in the model browser, as Falconeer mentions in his first message.

Sorry for the confusion,

Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 8

So you guys also think it's strange that in assemblies it doesn't work properly?

Hopefully a solution will come in the near future.

Message 7 of 8
bmullins
in reply to: CeesNooij

This is still an issue in 2014.

Message 8 of 8
CeesNooij
in reply to: bmullins

Too bad to hear that bmullins.

It's something that annoys me for quite some releases already, but probably not very important for the developers from Autodesk.

I always get the feeling that when you have problems that can't or won't be solved, you get ignored here 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums