Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participate in Assembly and Drawing section - Inventor 2015 Bug?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
saseendrankombath
771 Views, 6 Replies

Participate in Assembly and Drawing section - Inventor 2015 Bug?

Participate in Assembly and drawing Section turned to True after reopen the document. 

Created a Part, change the Participate in Assembly and drawing section (Checked removed), Saved the Document. It remains the same until I close the document. If I open The same document again, it is with Participate in assembly and drawing section checked.

I also tried the same using API. by using oPart.ModelingSettings.AllowSectioningThruPart=False , Save and close the document. If Open the same document again and check the status shows oPart.ModelingSettings.AllowSectioningThruPart as True.

Same behavior after installing Update -1

Hope Autodesk will respond to this post.

Autodesk Product Design Suit Ultimate 2015

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 64Bit Edition

Build:159, Release: 2015 RTM Update 1- date 05/12/2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I confirm, same behavior.

The setting autoself check itself.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

No suggestion from Autodesk?

Message 4 of 7
t_pcoll
in reply to: saseendrankombath

Hi,

i did try quick test and it looked to work for me.. Can you please send me the part so I can double check? (ladislav(dot)pcola(at)autodesk.com)

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 5 of 7
t_pcoll
in reply to: t_pcoll

I'm sorry I now see the issue. Thanks for reporting!

Ladislav
Message 6 of 7
t_pcoll

Hi,

it looks to me that saving the IPT using Save Copy As is not affected by the problem - please try use Save Copy As as a workaround when its needed to uncheck the option.

I hope this helps.
Ladislav
Message 7 of 7
saseendrankombath

Thanks Ladislav,

As a workaround save copy as works fine but, When ever we do some modification then we have to create a new copy of the same with a new name and then replace the old one with the new in the assembly. This takes more time. Currently we modify the drawing by changing the section behavior from the browser node.

Is there any method to save copy with the same name in the same folder? (manually or thru API)

Hope Autodesk will come up with a Hotfix or Update on this problem. 

Saseendran Kombath

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums