Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part sketch visible in drawing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Jacques.Grobler
3631 Views, 7 Replies

Part sketch visible in drawing

Afternoon

Is it possible to have the sketch I use in the part, visible in the drawing in order to dimension from?

I know it sounds insane, because I can dimension from the part, but the part can change based on parameters, however, the sketch remains the same and I need to reference to a center point of a specific feature.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Yes you can

Expand the Extrusion, cut, revolve etc .... go to  the Sketch1 (or whatever number it is in the part) then check on Visibility.

visible sketch.png

Another option is when you are doing the sketch is to Project Geometry and click on the item you'd like to reference.

Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

Hi Mike

What I am looking for is to have the part SKETCH visible in the IDW drawing?

Message 4 of 8

Ummm I don't think that is possible,

however the features should all be there for you to detail/dimension too ..can you post an idw for us to review?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: mdavis22569

@mdavis22569 wrote:

Ummm I don't think that is possible,

Yes, the sketch can be made visible in the drawing.  You can also Retrieve the Dimensions.

Get Sketches.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
Jacques.Grobler
in reply to: JDMather

Perfect! Thanks JD

Message 7 of 8

I tried JD's method. Unfortunately did not work. Any clue why?

Message 8 of 8

Hi Nishan,

Please share the files here. The forum experts can help take a look to understand the part sketch visibility issue in the drawing. It could be a bug.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report