Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Sketch Not Showing in Assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cadcamm99
3943 Views, 5 Replies

Part Sketch Not Showing in Assembly

I am using Inventor 2014.  I have a sketch on a part that does not show up when I put the part into an assembly.  Any way to make the sketch show up in the assembly?  It is a 3d sketch that is projected to a surface.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cwhetten
in reply to: cadcamm99

Is the sketch visible in the part?  Sketch visibility at the assembly level will follow sketch visibility at the part level, unless you have overridden visibility in the assembly.

Is the sketch consumed by a feature?  If so, you will not be able to see it in the assembly browser unless you switch the browser to modeling view:

Modeling View.png

Once it is in modeling view, you can expand the feature to find the sketch and turn on the visibility.

If this doesn't answer your question, post a screen image or your files.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 3 of 6
tarun.left123

One possible problem would be that the 2D/3D sketches visibility is overridden accidentally in assembly file. 

It would have caused due to accidental press of F10 key which is the shortcut for that toggle.

You can revert back by going to the View in the ribbon and then select Object visibility option and tick the 2D/3D sketches or just press F10

Cheers,

Tarun

Sketch.png

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, this worked for me

Message 5 of 6

This solved my issue. Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
mm_ef00

Muito obrigado! Funcionou perfeitamente. Já estava irado em ter que refazer meus esboços novamente.

"Thank you very much! Worked perfectly. I was already angry at having to redo my sketches again."

Translated by Google
Traduzido por [@clacampos] através do Google Tradutor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report