Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ergu
220 Views, 3 Replies

Part pattern

Hello!

New user here, basic knowledge in Inventor 2010. I have an issue.

I have a round part (like a cd) where I would like to put approximatley 200 holes in to. In those holes I would like to put a part into in an assembly later.

The problem I have is that I can´t see a good way to solve this. It´s difficult to make the hole pattern (I have worked with a quarter). If I manage to make the pattern, then it is difficult to connect the pattern to the part in the assembly.

I have a acad file of the round part with the 200 holes and have managed to import it and made the extrusion. But then, how can I proceed?

I need some nice advice here 🙂

// E

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: ergu

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post some images of what you are trying to do?

Trying to figure out exactly what it is you are trying to do.  Are you trying to get the holes in and can't?

Would the pattern command in the sketch toolbar help?  Also are you looking to insert a component into each of these holes and can't find a smooth way of doing that?  Again the pattern command in the assembly toolbar help?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi ergu,

Here's a quick example file set that you can use to follow the recomendations that Cadmanto made.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 4
ergu

I found a solution.

One part of the problem was that I had a hole in the center of the disk. If you try to make a pattern with start from center, then you don´t have any holes above the area from the hole. I decided to make the pattern first and then the center hole - that works fine.

Thanks for your replys!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report