Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PART NOT DISPLAYING IN ASSEMBLY

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
chris31
253 Views, 7 Replies

PART NOT DISPLAYING IN ASSEMBLY

I have a simple 3 part assembly.  It had been displaying nominally.  I made a small change to one of the parts and now it does not display.  If I open the individual file (676678-2), it does not display there either.  Any ideas on why this part will not display??

IV Pro 2013

676344.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lkrenzler
in reply to: chris31

Does the invisible part happen made from surfaces (not solids)?  If so, check to make sure "Construction Surfaces" is checked on, otherwise it won't show (I know the name doesn't make any sense).  This happened to me before.  Might happen if your part is imported from a STEP file or similar and contains only surfaces.

Surfaces.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
Message 3 of 8
chris31
in reply to: lkrenzler

This part is a "Solid Body".

Message 4 of 8
lkrenzler

Hmmm...just a simple suggestion you've probably already tried but did you try fit to view or find in window just in case it somehow got moved way off where it's supposed to be (you seem to have a bad insert constraint)?  Maybe temporarliy remove "adaptive" just in case that is somehow effecting it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
Message 5 of 8
JDMather

Attach the *.ipt file here and end all doubt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
chris31
in reply to: JDMather

OK, here is the file.

I double checked here before inserting.  Opened it, but nothing there, except for a work plane.

Message 7 of 8
rdyson

Extrusion2 cuts everything away

PDSU 2016
Message 8 of 8
JDMather

....and it looks to me like there might be some missing dimensions on Sketch 2 and missing constraints that Inventor should have placed automatically.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report