Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part List with different BOM levels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Saad.
521 Views, 5 Replies

Part List with different BOM levels

Hi friends

I've assembly with multiples sub-assemblies, when I put part list with "parts only", it shows all parts of sub-assemblies and when I put with "structured", it shows all sub-assemblies(structured).

Is there a possibility to show selected sub-assemblies in parts while remaining as structured in one part list??

Thanks for help

Regards

Saad

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: Saad.

After placing a structured parts list on your drawing, double click it to edit it, and try expanding the sub-assemblies you want by clicking the + next to the subs you want expanded. Does this do what you are looking for?

Good Luck!

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 6
Saad.
in reply to: jeanchile

Hello,

Thnks for reply, I've put the part list with structured, but in edit part list window, I am not finding "+" to click on ..

though there is "+/-" written in 2nd coloum header in that table, but this whole coloum is uneditable.

I need to show parts and structured assy in "partlist" 

Thanks again for help

Regards 

Message 4 of 6
jeanchile

@Saad. wrote:

.... but this whole coloum is uneditable.

That's the column I was talking about. I'm not sure why it is uneditable but it likely has something to do with the BOM settings of the sub-assemblies. If you can, set them to "normal" (in the sub-assemblies document settings, Bill of Materials tab, or directly in the BOM editor) and see if that gets you what you're after.

If you would like to provide more exact information (with screenshots) I'm sure the intellegent people here on this forum can get you what you need.

Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 6
-niels-
in reply to: jeanchile

In order to get the "+", in the BOM editor right click on the "structured" tab and select "view properties".

In the following dialog, select "all levels" from the dropdown and hit OK.

You should now be able to expand any sub assemblies in the structured list.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 6
dlmsdm1

I think I know what you are wanting.

1. In the assembly, goto the BOM (Structured Tab)
  2. Find the asembly you are wanting broke into individual parts.
  3. Depending on how your BOM is set-up, find the column that has "Normal","Purchased" etc...(I don't have Inventor at home, but you can add this column. Someone may be able to throw up a screen shot of how to add it)
  4. Use the drop down and change the assembly (normally selected "Normal") to "Phantom"

This will break apart your assembly in the BOM and assign an "Item" number to it. You can always change it back if necessary by going to the "Model" tab, find the asssembly and changing back to "Normal"

If I mis-understood you question, I apoligize.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report