Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part List in assembly drawing does not automatically updates.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Orest_iy
688 Views, 3 Replies

Part List in assembly drawing does not automatically updates.

Hello

I have a Part List in the assembly drawing.

This list has Renumber Items activated.

All renumbered items become in blue cells in Part List properties table.

All added or altered after that Part Properties are not shown in this Part List.

For instance if I would add or change some Description, Comments or other properties to some parts which are in “blue” cells those will be not updated in neither auto nor any manual way.

So far I should delete and create the table again to see new added properties.

The question is: Is there are any other more simple ways to update the Part List table without recreating it from scratch?

Best regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Orest_iy,

Information added to the Part List table is considered an Override and exists only in that table. You can push item number overrides back to the assembly file BOM by using the Save Item overrides to BOM button:

Autodesk Inventor Part List Item Override.png

All other changes to information such as the Part Number or Description should be done in the Assembly BOM rather than the parts list table.

To do so, right click on the parts list and choose Bill of Materials, and then make the changes in that table:

Autodesk Inventor Part List Item Override BOM.png

Those changes will show up in the Parts List table automatically (unless you've placed overrides in the Parts List table already).

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: Orest_iy

Orest,

In trying to understand what you are asking (without an images) the blue cells, I think you are saying after you edit the cells in the parts list editor dialog window the text changes to blue.  Thise will not automatically update after you have edited them unless you RC on the cell and select "Static Value".  If you are looking to have your parts list come in so you don't have to edit it (beyond maybe the item numbers) you have to fill out the descriptions and part numbers (which are assocaited to the files names) under the project tab in the iproperties for each part.  Now this is assuming you are using an out of the box parts list.  If you are not you need to explain in further detail what fields your parts list is using.

Again, some images would help.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
Orest_iy
in reply to: Orest_iy

Thanks all for help.

Inventor Help explains the blue cells are Static and not chaged.

If I do Renumber Items I automatically do override and turn all affected cells to Static.

Actually it is a point to have a "nice" current table but not affect the real part properties.

However I did not find in Help how to turn them back to normal (not Static) since Renumbering somehow affects Part Number, Coments and all other properties automatically..

Now situation is clear. I can even select all blue cells I want and turn them back to normal instantly without rebuilding the table to retrieve the new properties added or changed by context menu as shown on video link.

http://screencast.com/t/qKt9bIpj

Regards,

Orest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report