Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Lines in IDW

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
-Aaron-
378 Views, 4 Replies

Part Lines in IDW

I had a sketch in one of my views of a planned piece of equipment.  I hatched the equipment to show where it would be placed on my shaded views.  The part outlines behind the sketch were visible through the hatch.  I turned the visibility off of the part lines once I was finished with the sketch, everything is OK.  

Now that the proposed piece of equipment is no longer going to be used, I removed the sketch from the view, but my part lines are missing, making the view look a little odd. See below.  One side of my filter (gold part) has the outlines visible, the other side shows up without the lines.

After removing visible lines, is there a way to turn them back on again??

part lines.png

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: -Aaron-

Yes there is right click in the view you should have an option to show hidden edges click on that then select the lines again like when you shut them off..

Message 3 of 5
-Aaron-
in reply to: jletcher

I never knew that....maybe should look at the RMB menu more often.  Kudos to you sir...

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
Message 4 of 5
jletcher

Ahh shucks its nothin Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 5
BonnieWinchar7122

If I had known I could retrieve my lines back again, it would have saved me a ton of work over the last few years!   I never thought to question it, so thanks for asking the question in the first place and thanks to Mr. Fletcher for such a very simple solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report