Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part dimstyles?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
georgetrott
274 Views, 2 Replies

Part dimstyles?

While working with parts, I set a parametric length x width and link that to my description of each part. When I insert the part into a drawing and then insert the parts list the description is in decimals and the rest of my drawing shows fractions. How do I get that linked property from the part in the parts list to show fractions? Thank you in advance for the help. 

We live in a 3D world, why not draw and design in 3D.
Inventor 2015 x64
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.40GHz
8 Gb RAM
Windows 7 x 64
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: georgetrott

Your dimension style settings in the drawing have no control over the display of the Description information coming from the part.  You have to resolve this a different way, from within the part file.  All that Exported parameters actually do is copy the value of that parameter to a custom iProperty.  You will need to alter the settings it is using to format the exported value.

In the Parameters dialog box in the part (the same place you used to set them for Export), right click on your parameter name and pick "Custom Property Format."

This will let you choose the formatting (units, fraction vs. decimal, precision, etc.) with which you want it to export. 

Message 3 of 3
georgetrott
in reply to: jtylerbc

Sweet deal. Thank you so much.

We live in a 3D world, why not draw and design in 3D.
Inventor 2015 x64
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.40GHz
8 Gb RAM
Windows 7 x 64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report