Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
SteveFrey
Message 1 of 4 (305 Views)

Part Cost Question

305 Views, 3 Replies
07-20-2012 01:14 PM

I want to show the total cost for items in my parts list but can't figure out how to make this caculate.  I've got the cost in the iproperties and it shows up in my parts list but only as a single part.  I need to make this calculate per how many feet I am using.  This is a custom extrusion I created and it is always done through the frame generator.  So the base cost of the item may be $1.00 (per foot).  If I have 84 inches I need it to show $7.00 on the parts list.  I just can't figure out how this is done.  Anybody?

Inventor 2012 Pro.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Frey
Inventor 2013
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
HP EliteBook 8470w
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 16 GB
AMD FirePro M2000
3D Connexion SpacePilot
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 4 (296 Views)
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 3 of 4 (295 Views)

Re: Part Cost Question

07-20-2012 01:43 PM in reply to: SteveFrey

blah..export bom to excel and be done.

I would NEVER put costing information in a drawing.

Of course we also have an ERP system to do that properly for us.. as every company should.

Sorry this is the kind of question I hate because I believe any company that can benefit from a program like Inventor must also have an ERP system of some sort. I hate companies that also use their drawings for purchasing. Its just a very inefficient way to run a business and bugs me.. I'm an-al.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)

Re: Part Cost Question

07-20-2012 01:56 PM in reply to: SteveFrey

Hi SteveFrey,

Here's a tip on having ilogic spit out the parts list to an Excel file that has been pre-loaded with the costing info. This is the approach I take when using Inventor to layout home projects (remodeling the basement, building a rocket powered roadrunner catching apparatus, etc.)

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/06/ilogic-export-parts-list-with-options.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.