Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Cost Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SteveFrey
522 Views, 3 Replies

Part Cost Question

I want to show the total cost for items in my parts list but can't figure out how to make this caculate.  I've got the cost in the iproperties and it shows up in my parts list but only as a single part.  I need to make this calculate per how many feet I am using.  This is a custom extrusion I created and it is always done through the frame generator.  So the base cost of the item may be $1.00 (per foot).  If I have 84 inches I need it to show $7.00 on the parts list.  I just can't figure out how this is done.  Anybody?

Inventor 2012 Pro.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
3 REPLIES 3
Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: SteveFrey

blah..export bom to excel and be done.

I would NEVER put costing information in a drawing.

Of course we also have an ERP system to do that properly for us.. as every company should.

Sorry this is the kind of question I hate because I believe any company that can benefit from a program like Inventor must also have an ERP system of some sort. I hate companies that also use their drawings for purchasing. Its just a very inefficient way to run a business and bugs me.. I'm an-al.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4

Hi SteveFrey,

Here's a tip on having ilogic spit out the parts list to an Excel file that has been pre-loaded with the costing info. This is the approach I take when using Inventor to layout home projects (remodeling the basement, building a rocket powered roadrunner catching apparatus, etc.)

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/06/ilogic-export-parts-list-with-options.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report