Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part configuratoin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
2shaen
278 Views, 2 Replies

Part configuratoin

I want to ask if in Autodesk Inventor 2013, can we create a part with a different configuration??

example:

I made a cube the size of 10mm x 10mm x 10mm, after which it would be revised measures 15mm x 15mm x 15mm. The second revision to change the size of a 12mm x 12mm x 12mm.
Can all the revision is done in one file?
And if I want to revise again be 10mm x 10mm x 10mm, can?

Have I been that provides revision always create a new file and the file number so much that hard to figure out which revision. Sorry, because I am still learning Autodesk Inventor 2013.

thanks before,

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: 2shaen

iParts allow you to create multiple versions of the same part, defined by values in a table.  Each of these, when placed in an assembly, actually creates a separate file for that size.  So, in your example, the iPart could define many different combinations of length, width and height, but only the ones that you have actually chosen to place in assemblies would be created as separate files.

Is this what you are asking?  If I didn't understand properly, post again.

Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: 2shaen

Like Sam said, creating iparts is the way to go.

But understand once you have created them you need to generate them in order to get them

to show effectively in your assemblies.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report