Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Bend on Its Self

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cadcamm99
572 Views, 6 Replies

Part Bend on Its Self

I have a rope part that I have to show in my drawing in its strait form and its looped and locked form.  So I made two models, one strait and one looped.  However I was wondering if I can do this as an iPart by taking the strait part and bending it to the loop version.  However, when I tried it, I could not get the last bend to work because it would not bend onto its self.  Is there another way to do this so that I do not have to create two parts?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
admaiora
in reply to: cadcamm99

Hi cadcamm,

the bend  command would be likely tricky with a cylindrical shape...

You can simply control the sketch angles as parameters

Here a visual example with iLogic
, in your case iParts should works fine.

Hope that it can helps you.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: admaiora

"If" the rope was modeled as a part (well an ipart to show straight/looped) and then the ferrules (or whatever those are) were added onto each end in the assembly environment then there wouldn't be any self-intersection in the ipart and it would work just fine.

In the "real world" thats an assembly anyways. right?

Even if you buy it in one part its still an assembly and it should be modeled in Inventor as such. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
cadcamm99

I'm just wondering how the zero deg bends were made in the video.  I tried to make my bend zero degree and I recieved an error.

Message 5 of 7
admaiora

No zero bend, but degrees in the angles

See file attached.

I hope that it can helps you.

Admaiora
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 7
cadcamm99

It seems when your bending your part, it is growing in size because your adding the radius.  It doesn't take in account the length of the bend radius.  I tried this before.  That is why I was using the Bend command because it literally bends the part taking in account the length of the bend radius.

Message 7 of 7
admaiora

It was an idea, you can easily complete using arc length parameter instead an angle parameter  or a little iLogic.

Admaiora

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report